Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wreath Update

I have been wanting to spruce up the wreath on our front door for a while now. This morning I had some time and some inspiration from A Glimpse Inside's Summer Frame Wreath, so I got to work on it.
Here is the before shot:
Here is the after:
What I did:
1) I used my Silhouette to create pennants, but it would be easy to cut your own (it's just cutting out triangles with little tab at the top to wrap around the string.) I used striped scrapbook paper.
2) I also used the Silhouette to cut out letters to spell out "welcome" but you could simply write your own directly on the pennants. I used blue cardstock for mine.
3) I strung the pennants on jute and tied it to the grapevine wreath.
4) I made a paper flower out of green sticky notes--- I followed the tutorial here. (she uses magazine pages but I used sticky notes) Thanks Kiley for sending me the tutorial! These flowers are so easy to make and really cute.
This was so simple to make and you don't need a Silhouette to do any of it, you can do it all yourself! I may add more flowers but for now I am liking it simple! Also, not sure how the paper will hold up long term but I am just tied everything on so that I can remove it easily if it gets wet or dirty.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment