Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Our Backyard Patio

Last year after we moved into our house, we decided to lay a brick patio, all by ourselves. It was quite an adventure and we spent tons of time on it. Only working on it on the weekends, it took us a good month and a half to get it finished. We have really enjoyed it, we love it, actually. We looked up multiple tutorials online to see how to lay it, taking parts of each to make it work for us. We wanted a good patio but wanted it to be cost efficient. Here are pictures of the patio, taken today. I don't have any before or during pictures, I didn't have this blog back then so I didn't think I would ever need pictures. Take a tour around the patio...
from the deck...
closer up...
 the walkway...
 metal glider from Craigslist, pillows from Ikea, all tables from Craigslist...
 wooden bench from an Ikea table set...
 metal chairs (brown from Craigslist, green from the flea market)...
 loveseat from Craigslist....
 check out that new deck box for our outdoor goodies...
 view from the backyard, notice the tiki torches and lights around the border, great for lighting it up at night...
seating area by our garden...
 garden's entryway...
 muscadine vines...
 the pond....in desperate need of water...
 dropcloth covered pillows that I painted, using freezer paper as a stencil...
We also bought the bricks off of Craigslist from a builder who had left over stone colored bricks, we added red bricks as well to give it a speckled look (this wasn't the original plan but we made it happen when we ran out of stone bricks!). We used rubber mulch around the border and evenly spaced out monkey grass in the border as well.

I hope you had a great 4th of July! We had a great time with my family in town! Here's the fam altogether as we ended our weekend...
Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it -- love that path too! I'd like to do one of those someday. Looks like you have a huge yard, I love all of the areas. :)

    ReplyDelete