Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Metal Tray Makeover

I purchased a little metal tray from a thrift store a while back, it was white with handpainted strawberries on it. I thought it was cute but never found a place for it, so it has been in my craft closet ever since. Last night, I decided to give it a little makeover. First, I painted it a solid gray...


Then I used my Silhouette to cut out some pitchers in white card stock and got my Mod Podge out and ready to go...

Once the paint was dry, I got to work on arranging the pitchers on the tray, and then used Mod Podge to glue them down. (I could've cut these in Vinyl but I don't have white vinyl at the moment and I wanted white pitchers.)

Once the Mod Podge dried underneath, I gave a nice coat of Mod Podge over the entire tray to give it some protection...

Here she is, all finished...
I am really happy with the end result, it was so simple to do! Even without a silhouette I think it would be simple to trace and cut out the shapes. I am not sure whether it is staying here or going to someone else's house but I am enjoying now either way!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog layout! I cannot believe how much your blog has grown, I am so exited for you! I still cannot get over that vase, love it!

    ReplyDelete