Sunday, July 21, 2013

Corner Shelf Makeover


 photo null_zps3ed56be4.jpg
We found this old corner shelf at the local flea market and snatched it up for $20. It needed a lot of work but we thought it was worth it for that price! We thought it would be a perfect piece for the nursery!

Here it is before:
 photo null_zps8a9ae8b7.jpg

We began by scraping all of the paper off the shelf...
 photo null_zps696429a3.jpg

Gabe gave it a good cleaning...
 photo null_zps2a95a100.jpg

Then he painted it...
 photo null_zpsfab0b07f.jpg

Then he moved it...
 photo null_zpsedf787c8.jpg

Now it's in the nursery ready to be loaded with fun goodies!
 photo null_zpsc89330ba.jpg

I can't wait to show it to you in the nursery reveal!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

DIY Garden Stakes

For Father's Day, I made my dad some garden stakes to mark the plants in his garden. I saw the idea on the Silhouette Blog to make plant labels using wooden stakes and vinyl.

Supplies I used:
 photo null_zpscf9f5a79.jpg  photo null_zps48968c18.jpg
  • Wooden fencing-- I found some small wooden fencing at Wal-Mart
  • Black Vinyl and Black Duct Tape sheets
  • Polyurethane Spray
  • Silhouette Machine
I used my Silhouette to cut out the names of each plant in Black Vinyl. I ran out of vinyl half way through and used Duct Tape sheets to finish the project. I was so surprised that the Duct Tape sheets worked so well in the Silhouette. The letters weren't as easy to transfer as vinyl letters but it still works.
 photo null_zpsa4af485a.jpg  photo null_zps0649ef52.jpg
Once all the letters were on the posts, I sprayed them with Polyurethane to make them water proof.
 photo null_zpsb6f1ecb6.jpg

Here they are completed!

 photo null_zps420719f0.jpg

Here they are in my dad's garden!
 photo b75a5582-7041-47c0-af7c-3ee33ab86be7_zps8fb908fb.jpg


Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nursery Dresser Makeover

We have been working on our nursery a lot lately and it has required a few furniture makeovers. A few years ago we bought a dresser from the local flea market and left it "as is" in our guest bedroom. I have been wanting to make it over for a while but have just held off.

Once we found out we were pregnant, we started moving some furniture around and decided that the dresser would be perfect in the nursery.

This past weekend, the hubby gave the dresser a makeover and it looks incredible!!!

Here is the dresser BEFORE:
 photo null_zpsd853c865.jpg

Here it is AFTER:


He taped off the top so that it would stay as it was...painted the drawers gray and the rest of the dresser white. We reused the original hardware. I am SO in love with it! Very masculine but whimsy enough for a nursery!

And a shot of my cutie working on it:
 
 photo null_zpsc3c1be5d.jpg

You will have to stay tuned to see it in the nursery! We have another furniture piece that we are working on. I am also making a crib skirt and a valance! Can't wait to show it all to you!