Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

DIY Garden Stakes

For Father's Day, I made my dad some garden stakes to mark the plants in his garden. I saw the idea on the Silhouette Blog to make plant labels using wooden stakes and vinyl.

Supplies I used:
 photo null_zpscf9f5a79.jpg  photo null_zps48968c18.jpg
  • Wooden fencing-- I found some small wooden fencing at Wal-Mart
  • Black Vinyl and Black Duct Tape sheets
  • Polyurethane Spray
  • Silhouette Machine
I used my Silhouette to cut out the names of each plant in Black Vinyl. I ran out of vinyl half way through and used Duct Tape sheets to finish the project. I was so surprised that the Duct Tape sheets worked so well in the Silhouette. The letters weren't as easy to transfer as vinyl letters but it still works.
 photo null_zpsa4af485a.jpg  photo null_zps0649ef52.jpg
Once all the letters were on the posts, I sprayed them with Polyurethane to make them water proof.
 photo null_zpsb6f1ecb6.jpg

Here they are completed!

 photo null_zps420719f0.jpg

Here they are in my dad's garden!
 photo b75a5582-7041-47c0-af7c-3ee33ab86be7_zps8fb908fb.jpg


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea Katie, my parents need these for their garden!

    ReplyDelete