Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Chalkboard Love- More DIY Chalkboards

I raided my mother in law's goodwill box (things she was donating) a few weeks ago and found this trivets...

I thought they would be the perfect base for a chalkboard so I painted them with chalkboard spraypaint. I used my Silhouette to cut green vinyl to decorate my chalkboards. Once the vinyl was cut, I laid out my design...

One is divided in half with a shopping list on the left and a menu on the right. The other has the letters for the days of the week down the left side, it could be used as a menu or as a calendar. I attached the vinyl with transfer paper and bought $2 easels at Wal-mart and they were ready to go!

The one shown below will be part of my upcoming giveaway that will take place once I officially reach 100 followers (only 7 more people!). So it could be yours!

The other one now belongs to my dear Allie, whose birthday is this weekend. 

I know that not everyone has a Silhouette but with any hard surface and a can of chalkboard spray paint, you can create a chalkboard. With a cheap easel you can easily display it for ease of use. You could also attach magnets to the back and put the entire chalkboard on your fridge.

My vacation just started and I am hoping to get some projects completed next week! I will be posting them as I complete them! Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment