Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

DIY Chalkboard Table Numbers

One of my very best friends got married this weekend! It was a beautiful ceremony and reception!
(From left to right: Amanda, ME, Taylor, Kelly, and Kyla)

I made chalkboards for each table to use as the table numbers! I decided to use picture frames from the dollar store to keep the task cheap and simple but still cute and functional!

Supplies:
Frames (I bought 25, one per table)
Chalkboard spray paint
Spray paint for the frames (I used ivory from Krylon)
tape and a sharpie (to stay organized!)

My hope at first was to find 25 matching frames. Sadly that did not happen, so I just bought 25 frames that were the same size. First, I sorted out the frames by their style and gave each style a number. (This was to help me put them all back together later). As I took apart the frames, I marked each piece with a piece of tape and wrote the corresponding style number on it (the frame itself, the piece of glass, and the back, each had a piece of tape with a matching number).

Next, I laid out all of the frames and started painting them ivory....

I did the same with the glass but painted them with the chalkboard spray...

Once everything I dried, I brought them in to the kitchen table and starting matching up the backs, frames, and glass pieces based on their numbers...( a quick tip: I used an old fitted sheet to wrap around my table to keep my table free of any paint! The fitted sheet stayed in place perfectly!)

Then I put them all back together!

Here are the Bride and Groom at their table!
(7/25 Update: the professional wedding pictures are available and are shown below!)



I also had the honor of embroidering handkerchiefs for the bride and groom's family members. They came up with the sweetest things to put on them. Thanks for letting me be a part of your wonderful day Taylor and Billy!



On another note: You can now subscribe to my blog via email! In the upper right hand corner, you can enter your email address, and whenever I write a new post, it will be sent to that email address!

2 comments:

  1. I love love the chalkboard table numbers they would look especially cute in a outdoor barn wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE!!! You are such a great friend. Thank you for all your hard work- you helped make my dream of a shabby chic wedding come true! I love you!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete