Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Everything is better on a pedestal

A few months ago I found a soap dish on a pedestal at a local thrift store. It had a plastic liner in it originally and was solid wood with a dark stain. I have had it in my craft closet since I bought it....but decided to paint it today and use it as a holder for my dish brushes in the kitchen. I currently use a little plate to hold them but I just love pedestal dishes!

I started by removing the pink plastic liner and giving it a good clean and then I got to painting...


I chose a light gray for the bottom...

And a bright green for the top....

 After the paint dried, I sanded it a little to make it distressed because I love that look and then I gave it a coat of polyurethane to water proof it, since it will be holding my dish brushes.

Then I stuck it by the sink and threw my brushes in it.

Hope you are having a great Saturday! It has been busy around here and we are heading to Vegas tomorrow for the week!

1 comment: