Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Pizza

I am finally back at home after many trips away! I love traveling but the back to back trips can get exhausting! To jump back into the groove of things, I prepared a menu for this week with 3 new recipes.

Last night, I tried the first of the three....Black Bean and Corn Pizza....a recipe I found on Pinterest. I want to share it with you today....I made a few adjustments to the original to make it an easier and faster recipe.

Ingredients:
  • Pre-made Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
  • Can of Black Beans
  • 1 Roma Tomato
  • Can of Corn
  • Barbeque Sauce of your choice
  • Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Steps:
  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Dice the tomato 
  3. Drain and rinse beans and corn
  4. Mix tomato,  beans, and corn together in a bowl
  5. Bake crust alone for 6 minutes
  6. Once crust is cooked, spread bbq sauce on crust
  7. Spread corn/bean mix on top of bbq
  8. Top with shredded cheese 
  9. Bake for 5 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes to really melt the cheese (keep an eye on it so that the broiler doesn't burn it!)
  10. Slice it up and enjoy!
We really enjoyed it and will be making it again! Next time I will probably add cooked chicken to it just to give it a little more substance! The mix actually makes enough to cover 2 pizzas, so I saved the extras to make another for lunch this week. Let me know if you try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment