Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Brunch Recipes

This Mother's Day we had the honor of hosting brunch for my mother in law. I absolutely LOVE hosting any type of get together and was really excited to make some yummy recipes for our brunch! I want to share them with you today....they all turned out so yummy and would be great for any occasion, maybe Father's Day!


Our Mother's Day Brunch Menu
Ham Rolls
Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
Honey Apple Brie Bites
Fresh Strawberries

I found a great quiche recipe on About.com. I followed it precisely for the filling but instead of making my own crust, I used Pillsbury Pie Crust and baked it for 10 minutes before adding the filling and baking it for 30 minutes. 

The Honey Apple Brie Bites are a Pampered Chef recipe from the Appetizer's Recipe Book. It is such a yummy recipe! I LOVE it!! You have got to try them out!

The Ham Rolls are a popular dish in the Nail family...and I know many other families love them too and call them "Hammie Delights"! The are delicious! I want to share the recipe with you here today!

Ham Rolls

Ingredients:
  • Hawaiian Rolls- I always use a 24 pack, found in the bread section of the grocery store
  • 1 Cup of Mustard
  • 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Poppy seeds
  • 1 lb Ham
  • 8 slices of Mozzarella Cheese
  • Aluminum Foil
Steps:
  1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. Slice all of the rolls in half- I leave all of the tops and bottoms connected to each other so they are like one giant piece of bread
  3. Place the bottom halves on aluminum foil
  4. Mix mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds together
  5. Spread mustard mix on the inside of the top and bottom halves of the rolls
  6. Place ham on bottom half of the rolls
  7. Place cheese slices on top of ham
  8. Put the tops of the rolls on the cheese to "close" the sandwich
  9. Wrap the rolls in aluminum foil and place in the oven
  10. Bake for 30 minutes

I think my mother in law really enjoyed her brunch! I also got to spend the afternoon with my mom at a cookout with our extended family! It was such a great day! I hope all of you mom's were honored this weekend!


On another note, I found a new chair at our local thrift store. I have had my eye on it for weeks now and last weekend I told the hubs that if was still there the next time we came in, it was coming home with us! Well, not only was it there, but it was $20 cheaper! So it was only $50. Check it out! (No, I am not recovering it!, I LOVE the green and the fabric is in perfect condition!)

 It found a home in our guest bedroom...

I hope you are all having a great week so far! I am working on some items for my Etsy Shop, which I hope to get back up and running soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment