Our Mother's Day Brunch Menu
Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
Honey Apple Brie Bites
I found a great quiche recipe on About.com. I followed it precisely for the filling but instead of making my own crust, I used Pillsbury Pie Crust and baked it for 10 minutes before adding the filling and baking it for 30 minutes.
The Honey Apple Brie Bites are a Pampered Chef recipe from the Appetizer's Recipe Book. It is such a yummy recipe! I LOVE it!! You have got to try them out!
The Ham Rolls are a popular dish in the Nail family...and I know many other families love them too and call them "Hammie Delights"! The are delicious! I want to share the recipe with you here today!
- Hawaiian Rolls- I always use a 24 pack, found in the bread section of the grocery store
- 1 Cup of Mustard
- 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 lb Ham
- 8 slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice all of the rolls in half- I leave all of the tops and bottoms connected to each other so they are like one giant piece of bread
- Place the bottom halves on aluminum foil
- Mix mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds together
- Spread mustard mix on the inside of the top and bottom halves of the rolls
- Place ham on bottom half of the rolls
- Place cheese slices on top of ham
- Put the tops of the rolls on the cheese to "close" the sandwich
- Wrap the rolls in aluminum foil and place in the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes
I think my mother in law really enjoyed her brunch! I also got to spend the afternoon with my mom at a cookout with our extended family! It was such a great day! I hope all of you mom's were honored this weekend!
On another note, I found a new chair at our local thrift store. I have had my eye on it for weeks now and last weekend I told the hubs that if was still there the next time we came in, it was coming home with us! Well, not only was it there, but it was $20 cheaper! So it was only $50. Check it out! (No, I am not recovering it!, I LOVE the green and the fabric is in perfect condition!)
It found a home in our guest bedroom...
I hope you are all having a great week so far! I am working on some items for my Etsy Shop, which I hope to get back up and running soon!!!