Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wall Decor- DIY and Shopping options!

 While on the hunt for some good finds and good project ideas I found a couple cute things to share.
 
This beautiful framed fabric display is for sale on Etsy. The price on it is ok, but the seller is shipping from the UK, which doubles the cost.I am not suggesting anyone buy it, but it really got my creative juices flowing. There are so many times that I find a frame I love but have nothing to put in it, or find beautiful fabric but with no idea of what to make with it, or what to cover with it, but this solves that problem. This is such a beautiful display and could add color to any room in your house. This is an idea that my friend, Taylor, has done before, using the leftover fabric from covering chair cushions, framing it, and then hanging it on a nearby wall. This would be such an easy project to do and a beautiful piece for your home!
Those of you who have been to my home know that I have a thing for windows. I just love when they are re-purposed as mirrors. This one is for sale on Craigslist! It is located in Holly Springs and they are only asking $25, and in my opinion, you couldn't make it for that little. This would be beautiful in any room in your home, you could repaint it to match your decor and  add your own plants to the planter to personalize it further.
I am not sure how many of you are Craigslist browsers but I did want to point out that Craigslist has a FREE section where you can find anything from fire wood to furniture. Just today I saw a free piano listed. Since things are free, you shouldn't expect amazing quality but that is where you can get creative and fix something up! You don't have anything to lose if you don't pay anything for it. If you do find a nice item listed, they tend to go fast. In the past, Gabe and I have offered to pay something for it if they will save it for us and it has worked. Check it out! You never know what you might find!

No comments:

Post a Comment