Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hurry up Spring!

I know it is still winter, but I am in desperate need of some Spring in my life!!! I cannot wait to start spicing up my decor with Spring accents! There are many simple ways of inviting Spring into your home without re-vamping everything. I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you that I have not begun to do in my home but my brain is stirring with ideas!

 I am really big on bringing in colorful natural elements. Fresh flowers are the most obvious great way of doing this but I really love the use of lemons and limes in your decor! I will probably use my Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl with lemons and limes as my table centerpiece this Spring. There are also some realistic artificial fruit options out there as well if you prefer a longer lasting option.
 I also love the fruit in apothecary jars. I love anything in apothecary jars though! I have a set on our island that still have Valentine's candy in them. I may continue to fill them with candy but with bright colored candies. This way they remain functional but add color to the kitchen.
 Changing out your accent pillows is a great way to bring in some Spring color! With pillows like these, you are set through Summer as well. I love the bright colors! If you are like me, you are tired of your dark and neutral color palette that was cozy during the fall and winter and are ready for some excitement! These beauties are for sale on Etsy in the Pillow Throw Decor shop. (There are lots of pretty ones for sale there!) I am planning on fabric shopping soon to take a stab at making my own this year. Remember my post on Napkin Pillows? With all of the new Spring napkins coming out now, why not grab a set of napkins you love and quickly (and cheaply) make some for your home?
I am loving all of the yarn wreaths out right now! I found an Etsy shop that has a lot for sale, including this one! These bright wreaths would be beautiful on your front door or inside your home. If you have the time, this may be a great project! They seem pretty easy to make with the right materials! I may try this out myself as well!

What are your favorite ways to decorate for Spring?! I am eager for more ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the idea of fruit in a bowl from my wedding? C'mon be honest Katie!

    ReplyDelete