Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Placemat Pillows

I have been dying to add some brighter colored pillows to our living room! While reading one of my new favorite decor blogs, Thrifty Decor Chick,  I found a great tutorial on how to make placemat pillows! One placemat, some pillow fluff, and a needle and thread, and you've got yourself a pillow! No sewing machine needed at all!!! I made these three pillows for a total of $20. The placemats were $5 each and I used about $5 worth of fluff! To see the steps on how to make these pillows, go check out the original post on Thrifty Decor Chick!

Here they are on their new spot on our couch! I found my placemats at PierOne. When reading her instructions, keep in mind that each pillow is made from one placemat. When shopping for the placemats, you need to find the kind that are made out of two fabric layers so that you have a place inbetween to stuff the fluff!

 I really love these two Spring placemats from Target. I love how each pillow would have two options, the large flower side or the printed side. They come in packs of four for $12 a set. I am wishing I had seen these first! :)

2 comments:

  1. They look awesome!! Thanks so much for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl.. I love your pillows! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete