Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blair's Christmas DIY Projects


I asked my amazing Sister-In-law, Blair, who has awesome style, to write a guest blog entry! She is going to share some of her DIY Christmas Decor ideas! I love them all, and will probably be copying them :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m so excited that Katie asked me to write a post on her blog! Reading about her Christmas decorating really put me in the mood for some DIY decorating this year.  While looking through my Better Homes and Gardens magazine this month I found this neat idea.  All you need is a wreath, ribbon, and a picture frame, and what other accents  you like.  I cut the middle ribbon to the length I wanted and tied another ribbon to the top.  Then I used a hot glue gun to glue the removable backing of the picture frame to the long center ribbon.  All that was left was to tie the top piece of the long ribbon to the wreath and your done. The whole process took about 10 minutes!
 
I absolutely love the smell of a real Christmas tree.  This year Jordan and I decided to get a real tree and while having to cut off many of the lower limbs, I began to think of what I could do with the excess branches.  I already had the plate and just sat some branches on it and added decorative pine cones and left over ornaments to make it pop.  I like this idea because you can really customize it with any decor you have in your house for Christmas, as well as put that “Christmas Tree Smell” in different rooms.
 
The last DIY project I took on this year was my absolute favorite! I bought some ribbon and 5 oversized Christmas ornaments from Wal-Mart.  All I did was thread the ribbon through each ornament and tie it to the lit garland that I hung above the window. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you are all staying warm and enjoying our final weeks before Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment