I have been working on some additional Fall decor this week and I decided to hand paint a dish towel to add some Fall color to the kithen!
What you need:
- Dish towel (mine is a flour sack cloth from Wal-Mart. They sell them in packs of 5 for around $5!)
- Paints- I used Martha Stewart's multi-surface paints
- Paint brushs
- Stencil of a tree
1) I used my Silhouette to cut a tree design onto cardstock. You could also purchase a stencil at a craft supply store.
2) I used that cut out as a stencil and painted the trunk and leaves different fall colors.
3) Once the towel dried....it was ready to be hung up in the kitchen! (it could really use an ironing...but I skipped that step!)
I actually made two (one for me and one as a gift!)....they are close to identical, just a different trunk color...
I really love it! It was so simple and adds just the right amount of "fall" in the kitchen!