Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

DIY Fall Dish Towel

I have been working on some additional Fall decor this week and I decided to hand paint a dish towel to add some Fall color to the kithen! 

What you need:
  • Dish towel (mine is a flour sack cloth from Wal-Mart. They sell them in packs of 5 for around $5!)
  • Paints- I used Martha Stewart's multi-surface paints
  • Paint brushs
  • Stencil of a tree
Steps:

1) I used my Silhouette to cut a tree design onto cardstock. You could also purchase a stencil at a craft supply store.

2) I used that cut out as a stencil and painted the trunk and leaves different fall colors.


3) Once the towel dried....it was ready to be hung up in the kitchen! (it could really use an ironing...but I skipped that step!)

I actually made two (one for me and one as a gift!)....they are close to identical, just a different trunk color...





I really love it! It was so simple and adds just the right amount of "fall" in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment