My friend, Allie, and I made a diaper cake for the shower together.
- 50-60 diapers (we used size 1)
- Rubber bands- one per diaper and large ones for each layer of diapers
- Tray for the base of the cake
- Decorative ribbon
- Bottle for the center of the cake
- Decorative elements for the top of the cake (we used little sheriff booties!)
1. Start by rolling each diaper up and wrapping a small rubber band around it
2. Once all diapers are rolled, start on the base layer by surrounding the bottle with diapers. Secure this layer with a large rubber band.
4. Once the base layer is complete, start the second tier by surrounding the top of the bottle with diapers and secure it with a rubber band.
5. Add one more layer around the first layer of the top tier.
6. Add ribbon around each tier to cover the rubber bands and to add color. We used hot glue to secure the start and end point of the ribbons.
7. Add any other additional decorative elements and you are finished!