Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

New Wreath with Felt Flower Tutorial

I have had a straw wreath form sitting in my craft room for weeks now and I finally found inspiration for it today on pinterest. I saw this beautiful wooden board painted with lyrics from one of my favorite songs, How He Loves by David Crowder. I immediately wanted to create something with that same quote. What a beautiful reminder to have in our home!!

I started by wrapping my straw wreath with a long strip of dropcloth. Next, I used my Silhouette to cut out the design below...

Once it was cut out, I attached it to another piece of paper and then put it in a mat I had from an old frame.

I put a dab of hot glue on each corner of the mat and set it inside the wreath, holding it until the glue dried.

Lastly, I got to work on my felt flowers...

To make these felt flowers you need a few sheets of felt, a glue gun, glue sticks, and scissors.

Start by cutting your felt into strips that are 3 inches wide and about a foot long. The typical felt sheets are already a foot long and are 9 inches wide. Using these measurements, each felt sheet will make 3 flowers.

Once you have the felt strips cut, fold one in half (making the 3 inch width go to 1.5 inches) hot dog style. Place a thin line of glue on the edge to hold the fold in place.

Next, take your scissors and cut the foot long bubble into strips without cutting through the glue you just laid down.


Once your strips are finished, you are ready to roll it into a flower. Make sure you glue as you go so that it cannot unravel later.






 That's all you need to do! Just glue them into place now!

 It is now hanging on our backdoor that leads to the backyard...






I also updated the pictures of our living room and master bedroom in the "Our House" tab above! Check them out! Happy Sunday!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment