Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome Baskets

Happy Sunday! Anyone having the Sunday evening blues?! I have a big week ahead so I am taking it easy with a glass of wine after my steak dinner that the hubs prepared. :)

I wanted to share a little something with ya this evening. This post was inspired by my weekend, which I spent with my family and just being around my mom I started thinking about all the things that I do JUST like she does. I have learned so much from my mom throughout the years and have mimicked so many things that she does in my own decor, lifestyle, and hosting habits. My mom loves to make welcome baskets for her guests that are waiting for them in the guest bedroom when they arrive. This is one of the many things that I have copied from her in our own home. I don't always have the time to pull them together but recently I have made a few and wanted to share them with you. I just love the idea have having little comforts for our guests when they come to visit!

When my family came to visit for the 4th of July, I made a little welcome basket for each person. I bought each element and the baskets from the dollar store which made it a very cost efficient gift. Each basket contained personalized candy choices, some fireworks and some silly little things....a coozie and chapstick for Kiley, lotion for mom, and smoke bombs for dad and Aaron.




Another recent welcome basket I did was for Jordan and Blair when they stayed with us recently for our Christmas in July celebration. I had made them a monogrammed tray at my girl's craft night and wanted to add some welcoming things to it.

We got them each a magazine that we knew they would enjoy and some candy as well!

Welcome baskets do not have to be expensive or time consuming to pull together. It could be as simple as travel size toiletries in case your guests forgot anything. I love little surprises and think welcome baskets are a welcoming touch to any visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment