Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

House Number Porch Pillow

Remember my Anniversary Pillow? Well, I decided to make another one but with our house number on it for our front porch. There are so many cute ideas out there for displaying your house number....on pumpkins, on planters, etc....but since I am on a pillow kick, I thought I would give it a shot. For a tutrorial, you can check out the steps I took for my anniversary pillow.

Here is my house number pillow:

It sits nicely on our cozy swing. Our swing was an anniversary gift from Gabe's grandparents for our first anniversary. (It says "Established April 4, 2009.) Gabe just refinished it with some weatherproofing paint, he did such a great job!

I used freezer paper to make my stencil for this pillow but instead of using my Silhouette to cut tht numbers, I decided to freehand them on the freezer paper with sharpie and then cut them out by hand....which is why they are imperfect, but I like them that way!

While we are on the porch, check out my little wheelbarrow full of pumpkins! Isn't that so cute? I found the wheelbarrow at a thrift store for $1, painted it green, and let the pumpkins overflow!

I am not one that does much on the front porch, other than a wreath on the door. This new pillow makes me want to decorate more!

No comments:

Post a Comment