Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Fun and Recipes

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the chill in the air, it just gives you the perfect excuse to dress all warm and cuddly. This fall in particular I have been in a cooking/baking mood. I think it has a lot to do with my new meal planning habits I am trying to enforce. I wanted to share a few recipes with you that I have tried within the past few days. The pictures are from the original source of the recipe. Click on the titles to go check out the full recipe.

 Cinnamon Roasted Almonds: These were so easy to make and so delicious! They got even better as days passed. I will definitely make them again, they would be perfect as gifts in cute packaging!

Cinnamon Roll Cake: I saw this recipe on my Pinterest Board at 9:15 last night and decided to make it. I was craving something sweet and the hubby never turns down a sweet treat. By 10 PM we were eating fresh hot slices of heaven and sipping milk. We had more this morning for breakfast. It's delicious!

Taco Cornbread Bake: We had this for dinner a few nights ago and I have never been more pleasantly surprised. The combination of Mexican spices and meat with a sweet cornbread topping is so amazing!

Ok, enough pictures to make you hungry...have you ever been to a corn maze? This past weekend, we went to Ken's Korny Corn Maze. I had no clue what to expect. I knew we would have fun because we were going with some of our very favorites...the Defishers. We had an absolute blast! It is definitely going to be a new fall tradition!

We did lots of celebratory dances as we hit different milestones in the maze...this was our "e" dance, when we found the E post! (I have a very scary look on my face, beware)

The hubs and I after we finished the maze (isn't he so handsome?!)...

 There were 2 breaks in the maze with perches for you to scope out your nest moves (yes, it is that complicated and challenging- it took almost 2 hours to complete). You can see my goofball and I scoping out the path...

We took a group celebratory picture when we finished! Baby Caleb was quite the trooper, but I wasn't surprised, he is always awesome.
Thanks for taking such great pics Erin!

What are your fall traditions?! What are you cooking up? I am eager for more recipes to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment