Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Guest Post- Creative Front Porch Planter!


 My super creative sista, Blair Nail, is back to share one of her great ideas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love when Katie gives me the opportunity to write a guest blog for her, so here I am again to share an idea on how to repurpose a chair.  

 Since Jordan and I bought our house last year, I have been looking for something to put on our front porch (or lack thereof). I looked and looked for a cute bistro table and chairs but never could find anything I liked.  I found this chair at a consignment furniture store in Wilmington and instantly knew what I wanted to do with it. Because it was seatless, it was only $10. Before hand it was a very soft, off white. With a coat of paint, I set a planter with some bright pansies, and VIOLA, it’s a unique planter that adds a ton of color to the front of the house. The only challenge was finding a planter that wasn’t too small for the seat of the chair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the second picture, you can see Blair's beautiful Spring wreath! Made by her mom, Laura Phillips! I love this wreath! It is so natural and colorful. It makes me want to go make my own wreath for our door!

On a side-note: My dad is visiting and my mom sent me this awesome book that I am so excited to dig into! Can't wait to check out all of the ideas! I will be sure to share them with you if I try any of them out!
 

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO cute Blair! You definitely have your Mama's decorating nack!!! beautiful wreath Laura!!! Thanks for sharing Blair's post Katie!!Happy Spring to you all.

    ReplyDelete